Responsible Lending Obligations
AHA Money follows responsible lending guidelines to ensure your loan is suitable for your needs. We are dedicated to help our customers to ensure that our loans are affordable and meets their needs, objectives and requirements.
Our commitment to you. We want you to be in control of your finances and to understand your situation when taking out a loan. That is why we take extra care to lend you an amount that you can comfortably repay and adjust your finances accordingly.
We hold an Australian Credit Licence. The licence (no 506256) is issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and means that we must comply with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth), including making sure we lend responsibly.
We comply with the law. AHA Money has two products under the legislation called a ‘Medium Sized Loan Contract” and “Vehicle Loan”. For these loan products, we’re required to perform additional checks to help us assess whether a loan will be suitable for you. Some of the checks that we do include:
- Asking you about whether you have other SACCs and the status of those SACCs,
- Verifying your income and expenses,
- Reviewing 90 days of your bank transaction history,
- Asking you about the purpose of your AHA loan.
- Checking your credit history with Credit Reporting Agency
- Asking whether you are a political influenced person and perform website research to check the status.
- Checking the PPSR register